I hope I don't die on my summer vacation . . .

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS? I'm going to Colorado. I hope I don't die on my summer vacation because I have unfinished books you're waiting for. I suspect a few of you would reach across the barriers between life and death to find out what's happening to Dylan Macgregor. So I promise to be careful...but I have to do this!

Along with the idea of seeing Pikes Peak, I get giddy when I think of white water rafting the Royal Gorge area. Silly me. I'm not a hiker, or very athletic, or even competitive, and I'm terrified of heights. But every year, the idea of those rapids gets me jacked. Just thinking about the roiling water sends my blood churning. Unfortunately, several people have lost their lives this year kayaking the very river I have plans to raft. High water has increased the water levels over past years, but I'm not going to let that stop me. Where's my helmet and my life-vest? 

So excited about the upcoming trip, I packed this morning. (The flight to Colorado doesn't leave until next week.) In any case, my bags are already packed and I'm ready to go. I don't know what it is about the sport, perhaps the lazy meandering river before you hear the wild water rushing up ahead, or that moment of inevitability when you take a deep breath and get ready to run the rapids. No matter, the contrast of a hot day and cold water, relaxing moments and high tension, I find those things more entertaining than any amusement park ride. I hope I can still raft into my seventies and eighties, God willing I survive my sixties and live that long. LOL.

Comments

Post a Comment

I hope you benefit from my blog and thank you for commenting...