Taking Action Against Breast Cancer on ABC Action News by Linda Hurtado

      Im assuming Linda would want you all to know about this so Im passing this on.

      ~~Eliza

      HI Ladies

      Starting Monday I will be kicking off a month long series called Taking Action Against Breast Cancer on ABC Action News at 5. October is breast cancer awareness month and as the health reporter I feel the need to remind women the importance of taking care of themselves. I also lost my mother to breast cancer. She never lived to meet my children. It still breaks my heart today. I hope you all will watch if you can. You can always catch my stories on
      www.abcactionnews.com/breastcancer

      There's a video story posted on the site tonight on my mother's journey.

      My other stories will start posting tomorrow. Including the story of a woman who had both healthy breasts, her uterus and both ovaries removed because she tested positive for the BCRA gene. Another woman had no insurance so she didn't get a mammogram for four years. By the time she felt the lump she had stage 2 breast cancer and no way to pay for a mastectomy. We followed her as she searched for a surgeon willing to save
      her life for free.

      Please share with me any ideas or other stories. As always I appreciate your feedback and your help by visiting the site.

      Hope everyone is well and if you haven't had your mammogram this year - go get one. For me. :-) If you can't afford one, email me off line and I'll share with you where you can get one, if you qualify, for free.

      Linda Hurtado

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing - this is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, very important. In fact it's that time of the year for me. My annual mammogram comes around in October. Ladies, do your breast self-exams, and make sure your men do their testicular self exams!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope you benefit from my blog and thank you for commenting...