Sometimes I need a paperback...

Sometimes I need a paperback. What about you. Since I'm a reading junkie, I can't wait until the flight attendant gives me the okay to turn my electronic device back on to read something, especially if I was just at a hook before they ask us to turn off said devices! 

If you're like me, you have something to read in case of an emergency like being stuck waiting for the doctor or waiting in line. Waiting is less stressful if I'm doing something pleasant like reading. 

There are times when I just need a real book. (I know the green people are going to bark at me for wasting our precious trees, and I'm a supporter believe me. But I'm thinking these books I'm reading are recycled paper.)

I have a Kindle and an iPad and an iPhone. They don't stop my craving for the experience of holding the story between two covers. I love my electronic devices and probably read one of the first books ever converted. My phone is the device I read off the most because its always with me. The iPad is next because I'm usually working on some project on it when I feel like taking a break. I use my kindle at the beach or on the deck by the pool because...well, because I can read it in the sunshine and the battery lasts forever! I read a paperback book on the plane or in the airport. I take a couple with me or buy one at the airport. 




What if the electricity goes out? I have my favorites lined up on my shelf in case of a disaster. If the dystopian books I read come to pass, I'll have books to read by firelight. If you want a real book for backup some of mine are in print.

Here are a few of my books available in trade paperback from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

http://www.amazon.com/Eliza-March/e/B003YMQ3NY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_2

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Eliza-march?store=allproducts&keyword=Eliza+march

Comments

  1. Yes I agree, I still have paperbacks, and take one on the plane for the period when all electronic devices need to be turned off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope you benefit from my blog and thank you for commenting...