Let's talk about fairy tales and paranormal powers

I've been on vacation with my grandchildren this week. There's nothing like Disney World to spark the imagination! So although I didn't post the next installment of Defeat the Darkness [You have time to catch up ;-) now] I did do some research. Heroes and villains--Disney's full of them. Romance is an important element too. We started young. Think about Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid...even Peter Pan had a crush on Wendy. That was a little love triangle considering Tinkerbell liked Peter. Are we teaching our children about the pros and cons of romance?

I have some quick questions for you readers and writers. What kind of powers do you like to see in your paranormal characters? I like a meeting of the minds--the ability to read each others thoughts. That close bond between my hero and heroine always intrigues me. When I'm doing plot twists I feel like I have to make the ability believable. In my recent series Hearts of Darkness the characters can only be turned if they are descendants of paranormal ancestors. It doesn't matter how many generations back.

What sort of beings have you read about recently? Any unusual beings? Any unusual powers? I like to weave the powers into the plot. Such as what's just happened with Shelby in Defeat the Darkness. How do you think she's going to react to finding out she's a descendant of a sex fae? More over how is she going to react to discovering this whole world of paranormal beings have existed with humans all along?

How would you react in the same circumstances? Me? I think I'd be looking more closely at all those conspiracy theorists. LOL

Have a good week. Please come backThe next chapter of Defeat the Darkness will be posted next Sunday.  

Comments