Stripping Down to the Bare Essentials as a Hybrid Author

I don't want complicated when I'm writing, and self publishing reinforces why simple is better.  After a quick trip to Dallas to visit my family, I can tell you I'm playing catch-up again. Why I can't manage to use a different computer while I'm out of town is beyond me. I need a jump drive to work from and that's all there is to it. The "cloud" and all the other "save your storage deals" make me nervous. 

Out of all of them I like Dropbox the best. Just recently I began working with Google Drive and all the apps. Once they're fully integrated  without glitches, I may like it best, but for now I'm nervous about where things go and how I can find them again. I thought I saved everything to Google, but when I got to Dallas the file I needed to work with was not the most recent. When I returned and ran a search it was here on this computer with all the track changes I was looking for. Complete relief, but so much time wasted!


I know! User error. I get it. But the learning curve is time consuming, and the clock ticks off the beats of my heart with the seconds I don't have to lose for the learning curve in the middle of deadlines. Learning will have to wait for when I'm sitting around looking for something to cure my boredom. Then,  hopefully I'll remember what I wanted to do. Next time I travel, the jump drive will go with me until I figure out how to copy my files to "BOX" Google's version of "Dropbox".


As a result of my total incompetence, Damn the Darkness,  in edits, is coming along very slowly, and Witch of Air and Fire, although a minor project, keeps calling me to complete it and send it to Amazon. Sometimes it's easier to handle the simple and reduce the number of projects than it is to work through the big ones and have the rest nagging at you. You can see where I'm leaning. Right -- get down to the bare essentials by clearing my plate of the smaller items.


After writing the "book", self publishing and republishing are almost the same amount of work. Certainly the effort that goes into promotions is similar after the release. And all authors these days recognize the need to expose their books. So in the interest of promoting my newest books by exposing them, let's have them do a sensual strip for you and bare what's beneath the covers.

Damn the Darkness


The Bayou demons are building forces, and it seems that Caitlin is their target. But why? 

As her metamorphosis quickly  approaches  with unusual side effects, Dylan is worried the first blood exchange may have endangered her.  Perhaps it also explains why Jackson, the Vaewolf who is the prophecy's answer to the vampire infertility problem, imprinted on her. 
Dylan is determined to find the answer because giving up the woman he loves to Jackson can't be what destiny intended, and killing the man he cares for as a brother isn't the answer,  either. The wolf in Jackson may permit him to share Caitlin, but the men's vampire blood won't. 
Caitlin's needs are calling out to both men. Without them  to satisfy her, the pain is worse than the  fires of hell,. And  in her weakened state, she is a prime target for the demons who keep attacking.  The alpha men may have to put their instincts aside, or someone will die.

Witch of Air and Fire 


The Fates have a way of playing silly games with Immortals.

Cian is the Chosen—the only being capable of initiating the unfolding of the events foretold in the Prophecy. However, he must claim a female mate first. After waiting centuries for his partner to be born, she would have to be his equal—as powerful as he—physically capable of handling the daemon possessing him, capable of freeing him from the immortal Droughan.


However, the Fates gave him Candace, a young, inexperienced witch who looks more like an ethereal fairy than the first-level witch entrusted with an ancient power. She is a virgin, and Cian and his best friend Regan have to initiate her through the Trinity Ceremony.


Will the two alpha males be able to share Candace, thereby sexually enhancing her to make her physically capable of handling the daemon that possesses Cian?


"Imagine a soul-mate reaching deep into your dreams, someone who waited centuries for you. That's Cian, the ultimate lover and consummate hero on so many levels. Candace, the spunky virgin witch with powers to fulfill an ancient prophecy, was nothing the wizards expected and everything Cian and Regan needed. Would two alpha males share sex to keep the woman they needed safe and the world from destruction? I raise questions and the characters answer them." ~ Eliza



Comments