#IWSG #IAMWriting If You're Missing From Social Media




The awesome co-hosts for the February 3 posting of the IWSG will be Allison Gammons, Tamara Narayan, Eva E. Solar, Rachel Pattison 

Make certain to stop by their blogs.

I don't know if you're like me but every morning I wake up with a brilliant idea or more and can't wait to write it down. Sometimes in the light of day, the ideas fall flat or I can't remember them. Sometimes I hit a home run and both remember and come up with a winning idea.

I started writing down my thoughts so I could keep track. The list grows and my mind wanders. Returning to the list refocuses me on a direction. What I have discovered is that social media is both a creative resource and a brain drain. This week I've been on a tight deadline to complete my novella, so I took entertainment social media breaks. The videos always get my ideas flowing. So if you don't see me on social media it's because I've tried to rein myself in and stay focused on my to do list.

I'm less stressed when I can check the list off since I can't stop adding to them every morning.

But #IAMWRITING and that makes me happy. 


Comments