#Writers, Short Writing. Here's the Book - You read the blogs that started the book.


MAXIMUM IMPACT
Writing Short: Say More With Less: Condense the Essence & Leave 'em Satisfied 

For many years, I’ve been an avid romance reader, writer, and an editor. More recently, I’ve also been working as a writing coach and an independent editor, expanding my experience beyond content, copy, and romance editing to other genres. I maintain an eclectic taste in reading, which is what keeps me from focusing on one genre when I write. 

After being invited to do a presentation about "writing short" for a conference, several notions came to mind. Before I retired from the corporate world to write fiction and edit, I used to write ads, newsletters, catalogs, educational material, and presentations for a marketing company. I clearly understand the reason why writing short needs to provide maximum impact whether writing ad campaigns or taglines or book blurbs. Every word counts. 

A few ideas, some painful analysis, and a great deal of research later, I hope to help other authors understand the idea of condensing a concept without losing the essence of the writing. Keep the flavor and the spice even when you choose to reduce the size of the recipe. 

The one exceptional thing I identified while preparing the presentation was how to take theme and compress the ideas to efficiently write something short yet interesting. The following are suggestions, so as writers, we can… Condense the essence and leave the reader satisfied. 

The magic word is…suggestion. 

Comments