How Are Indie Authors Different? Sometimes We Wear More Than One Hat At A Time.


What have I been doing this week? Actually quite a lot. 

Cyber Tracked got scrambled up in the Kindle World shut down. So details in this book had to be rewritten to establish it in its own world. I've been writing and formatting. I had to revise the cover too. The new revised edition is now available in ebook and for the first time...paperback...everywhere. My editor jumped in and did a final check to make certain all names and locations were correct. You can read it on your phone or Nook or Kindle or any eReader you like. So I can say...CHECK this book is complete.

While I waited on the final read I had some time on my hands so I began doing edits to make A Siren's Tail ready for the copy editor. 

I always enjoy this process as I get to know my story all over again. I prefer to let the story rest for awhile before I do a wrap up. It gives the story time to gel and I'm not so familiar with the details that I can recite the sentences...assuming I've included certain words and nuances I meant to include.

Delia is a hoot and Frankie manages to keep up with her shenanigans. And Aelric is a romantic dream come true. I'm looking forward to writing the 2018 Christmas short story in this series Death By Mistletoe

Many of my critique partners and beta readers have been waiting on this book for some time. I almost sold this series to a large NY publisher earlier in my career, but due to a weird set of circumstances it didn't come to fruition. Any author can tell you how disappointing rejection can be, but when the book of your heart is a series doesn't get rejected--yet never gets published--well, I have to say I was crushed. I put the series away and waited. I'm not certain what I was waiting for. I'd occasionally test the waters with a submission every now and again, but the world still wasn't ready. I thought I'd keep honing my craft and continue polishing it. So I waited and waited. 

Now I'm ready and so is the book. I am not going to submit it again. I have faith in it and in my readers. It's a contemporary romance with paranormal and mythological elements. It's a mystery and a suspense. What if ancient evil walked the earth continuously reincarnating and becoming the serial killers, murderers, and totalitarian dictators memorialized as evil incarnate? 

The Gemini Prophecy is a series of books about the ever present battle of good versus evil. Power of the Light is the first book, and I plan to have it ready for you soon.
  

Comments